An occasional break from the usual with
a bit of nostalgia from Terry Ridal
- At twenty one you reached the top
- Your fight began where the others stopped
- You need no medals,crosses,bars
- Your fame is written in the sky with stars.
- A scant few falcons lived and died
- Yet every day gained new renown.
- Whist those earthbound heaved a single sigh
- They shot a brace of bombers down.
- Now time has healed those ravaged times
- But our thanks no less now than then.
- All mankind should kneel and pray
- Such times will never be again.
- But should insanity again prevail
- And the world betremble with battles clamour
- Should new young falcons be asked to fly
- May they take their lead from your heart and Valor